Adapted from the post punk kitchen recipe.
I'm not really sure about the difference between muffins and cupcakes, except that muffins have less sugar and no icing. Isa's gingerbread cupcakes seem perfectly suited to become muffins. Adding blueberries picked over the weekend made them seem more like breakfast and less like dessert. 🙂
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup applesauce
1/3 cup molasses
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup blueberries
– Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
– Mix all the dry ingredients, flour through salt.
– Whisk together the wet ingredients in a bowl.
– Whisk in the dry ingredients into the wet.
– Fold in the blueberries.
– Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
– Let em cool before removing from the pan.
– Serve with vanilla yogurt and fresh fruit.
Per muffin 148 Cals, 4.9 gm fat, 25 gm carbs and 1.6 gm protein. To cut back on the calories replace all but 1 tbsp of oil with applesauce.