..feel like an eternity. Here's what I was up to, living the de-Voxified life.
2. Started to study. The annual review exams are nigh, and I want to do really well this year.
3. Joined pottery classes. Its something I've always wanted to do and never had the time for. How funny that I finally find the time during my residency, which is typically the busiest time of life for most people. The classes are great fun, very relaxing and full of laughter.
4. Saw some child patients. Thats part of the reason I didn't feel like blogging much. Child psych patients bother me a lot. Maybe I'm biased, but most of what I see are normal healthy kids stuck in terrible life situations, trying to deal with it the best they can. The only difference between them and me is that I was born in a more fortunate household where no one was a drug addict or a sociopath. Its not fair to them. I'm struggling to come to terms with it, especially when parents demand drugs to 'fix' such children. More and more I'm becoming a believer in parental screening laws.
5. Made some great headway with my psychoanalysis patient..the attending actually said I'd asked some 'brilliant questions' and we had done great work these past two sessions! I'm glad, especially since the patient is going through a rough spot.
6. Started a research project on human sexuality, of all things. God help me.
7. Started making a grand rounds presentation on tattoos in psychiatry. Don't ask me why, my supervisor suggested it. (Shrinks are weird.)
8. Bought mangoes..still thinking of a nice theme for Click 'yellow'. Maybe a mango saffron lassi?
Please forgive me for the random thoughts..the next post should be more comprehensible.