Inspired by Singing Horse's delicious udon noodles in peanut butter sauce.
I did not have any peanut butter on hand, and the effect on my perpetual dieting had to be considered. So this is what I did.
– 1 tbsp sesame oil
– 6-7 baby bella mushrooms, chopped
– 8 baby bok choy, chopped into bite-sized pieces
– 1 big piece daikon, chopped into bite-sized pieces
– 1 inch piece ginger, minced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tbsp tamari
– 2 tbsp rice vingear
– 1 bunch soba noodles, cooked, rinsed in cold water, drained
– 2 tbsp yellow miso
– 1/2 cup warm water
– 1 cup mung sprouts
– a handful of coriander and mint leaves, shredded
– 1 block tofu, cubed and browned on the griddle (with a little cooking spray/sesame oil)
– 1 tbsp black sesame seeds, toasted
– 1 tbsp lime juice
– Heat oil in a wok. Sautee ginger, garlic, mushrooms, bok choy, daikon.
– Add tamari, vinegar and water. Wait until the vegetables are cooked, but still somewhat crisp.
– Add soba noodles, tofu and half the sprouts, along with half the mint and coriander. Mix well.
– Turn off the heat. Remove a ladleful of broth, dissolve the miso, and add it back. Stir to coat everything.
– Mix together sprouts, remaining herbs and lime juice for garnish. Serve.