..are easier than we think.
What beans need to sprout-
– A little bit of warmth
Most whole beans that I sprout (mung beans, black-eyed beans, moth, adzuki) take anywhere from 48-72 hours. The sprouts are really short, but I recently learned that short sprouts are actually healthier and packed with more nutrients.
Here's what I do.
– Rinse the beans well.
– Place them in a wide bowl.
– Add water till they are covered with about an inch deep layer.
– Keep them partially covered- with a lid or a thin piece of muslin.
– As the sprouts absorb water and swell up, keep adding more water.
– After about 24 hours, they might begin to get a little slimy. At this point, I rinse them again and add fresh water.
– At about 48 hours, you should start seeing small sprouts.
Lots more cool info here.