Fresh muesli is absolutely my favorite breakfast, easy to put together, yummy, healthy, and can be made in several different ways to suit your taste and pantry supplies.
– 1 cup rolled oats (I used old-fashioned)
– 1/2 cup bran flakes
– 1 large ripe banana, chopped
– 1 apple, chopped fine/grated
– 1/2 cup blueberries
– 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
– 1 tbsp raisins
– 1/4 cup toasted crushed walnuts
– 1 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
– 1 cup milk
– 1 tbsp honey
Mix it all up the night before and keep in the fridge. It is usually ready within 4 hours, and keeps getting more delicious through the next day. You can substitute any combination of fresh fruit, dried fruit, nuts, flavored yogurts..this is Good stuff. And the only dishes involved are a big bowl with a lid and a spoon.