I wanted to take pictures. The rolls didn't cooperate much in the beginning.
Here's the first one.
Vietnamese rice paper wraps, 8" wide
1 daikon radish, julienned
2 carrots, julienned
A small bunch of chives
Lettuce of your choice (I used the spring mix)
Small bunch cilantro, chopped
Small bunch mint, chopped
– Assemble all the veggies in close range.
– Dip one paper wrap in warm water and lay down on a work surface.
– Layer the vegetables close to the bottom edge.
– Roll up quickly, tucking in the sides.
– Tie up with a chive if you like.
– Cut in two with a sharp knife.
– Repeat with other wraps.
– Serve with crushed peanut and lime vinaigrette. I omitted the fish sauce.
Others options for the stuffing- julienned cucumber, sprouts, rice vermicelli, slivered red peppers..
So, what do you all think? Which picture for my entry?