We made guacamole salad tonight. I like putting lots of vegetables in guacamole to make it less fatty and more plentiful.
– 1 ripe avocado, mashed (use a fork; potato mashers work well for firmer avocado)
– 2 tbsp lime juice
– 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped fine (I use scissors)
– a handful of cilantro, chopped
– 1 green pepper, chopped
– 1/4 cup chopped red onion (Did not use-alliophobic hubby)
– 5 pieces sun dried red pepper, chopped
– salt to taste
Mix em up and serve on a lettuce leaf. Other things that rock in guacamole are roasted and powdered cumin, a spoonful or two of yogurt, parsley, sundried tomatoes..I also like the occasional fruit.
We had it with beans-tofu-veggie enchiladas in a nutty tomato sauce.