My standard way of dealing with stress is cooking up a storm.
I tweaked the Veganomicon's recipe here, adding carrot and sweet potato for the sweet creaminess. If you like your tomato soup with a hint of sweet, this is perfect!
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp dried thyme, oregano, rosemary each
1 carrot, diced
1 medium sweet potato, diced
4 cups water
1 cup sundried tomatoes, soaked in warm water, then chopped
1 can (15 oz) crushed concentrated tomatoes/tomato sauce
salt and black pepper to taste
cilantro/parsley for garnish
– Heat oil in a soup pot. Add the herbs, carrot, sweet potato and saute for a minute.
– Add water, sundried tomatoes and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until the potato is tender.
– Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and bring to a boil again.
– Puree as much as or as little as you like. I just run a hand blender through it once, leaving some chunks in.
– Garnish with cilantro and serve with bread.
– Serves four as soup, and two if you want to make a meal out of it.
And for dessert, baklava. This recipe is so wonderful I want to weep.
I will Never buy Baklava again, at least not in this city. A and I had a piece each, then he had another. I promised him that I would mail the rest to a friend.