Facebook. Whats the grand idea anyway? I have 12 pending requests at this time, asking questions such as-
– Are you a hottie?
– Yes, thank you. There are no doubts in my head.
– What fruit are you?
– I am not a fruit. I'm a human being. I like being a human being. If I eat you, will you go away?
– Are you lovable?
– Yes. Its my middle name.
– Which f.r.i.e.n.d. (from the TV show) are you?
- I don't know what to say to this. Why is this even supposed to interest me?
– Predict your future
– No thank you. I pay my tarot lady well, and she even gives me a free massage.
– Find your perfect match
– I did. Three years ago. And I don't intend to try again.
Its moronic. I'm always afraid of turning these down, because they might show up in my friends' inbox as 'Ping! Purplesque refused your invitation!'. So they lie in the corner, collecting dust. I hate them.
If I do find an interesting enough application, it will never show me any results until I forward a request to at least twenty people. I never do, and so I still don't know 'Are you left-brained or right-brained'?
And lets not even talk about the pokes, hugs and gifts.
Is the presence of a few good friends reason enough to maintain this account that attacks my sensibilities every time I log in?