Rosemary Focaccia with sun-dried tomato and cilantro hummus.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, fluid reserved
– 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, soaked in the chickpea fluid for ten minutes
– 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 2 tbsp lime juice, or more
– 1 tsp cumin-coriander powder
– 1/2 cup packed cilantro, chopped
– 1/3 cup tahini, or roasted sesame seeds
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
– 2 fat cloves roasted garlic ( I roasted them with the bread..30 minutes at 350 degrees), peeled and mashed
Grind everything together in the blender until pureed. Add more water/lime juice to get the consistency you want. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Makes a great spread for focaccia sandwiches.