First, the oatmeal seed rolls from this recipe.
Here's what I found..half a bag of aging carrots, a block of tofu with today's BB date, and a relatively healthy cabbage. A search of the potato basket revealed a sweet potato, ready to sprout.
– 2 tbsp oil
– 1 block firm tofu, mashed
– 1/2 medium size cabbage, chopped fine
– 2 cups carrots, grated
– 1 sweet potato, grated
– 1 serrano pepper, chopped
– 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
– a handful of parsley, chopped
– 1/2 cup panko
– 1 tbsp chaat masala (or any spicy seasoning of choice)
– salt and pepper
– oil spray
In a wide skillet, heat the oil. Then add all the veggies, ginger and pepper, and saute until they soften.
When they start to stick, add the salt and pepper and spices.
In the end, add tofu, parsley, panko and mix well.
Let it cool. Refrigerate if needed. Add some flour if the mixture is still too loose to bind.
Fashion into patties and panfry on a nonstick griddle with some oilspray, about five minutes each side.
Make burgers with all your favorite trimmings!