Here are some reactions I get as a won't-eat-eggs-if-I-can-see-them vegetarian.
– Are you Allergic? (Only to idiots.)
– Oh my GOD, you must be so healthy! (Yes, I am; I got my antioxidant levels checked, and they were through the roof.)
– If I was a vegetarian, I'd lose twenty pounds! ( Well, more power to you. I'm a FAT vegetarian. Go figure.)
– Really? Would you like some fish? (Fish are NOT vegetable. Go back to school.)
– You mean you don't eat ANYthing? (No, I eat grains and vegetables and fruits and milk and soy and cheese and I will eat cake, if its good, thank you.)
– Were you born that way? (No, I was born naked.)
What I truly hate, though, is the moronic oblivious look most restaurant people get on their faces if you ask whether something is vegetarian or not. I mean, if you're serving the same thirty things 365 days a year, is it too much to expect that you know whats inside? ( I LOVE Panera, with their ingredient guide that they're more than happy to let you look through.)
Off to the ER.